Switch-back Realme UI to ColorOS: If you want to switch back to ColorOS from Realme UI then you might be a ColorOS lover. So in this article, I will show you the easiest way to get back to ColorOS official version.
Realme most of the devices started getting Realme UI 1.0 update and many of Realme smartphone users have upgraded their device to Realme UI based on Android Q (10).
And many of them are enjoying this upgrade but some of the Realme users are facing problems with Realme UI. So they want to roll back to ColorOS 6.
This is because Realme UI is close to stock Android. And its look and interface is quite similar to stock Android. On the other hand, some Realme users don’t like stock Android and some might have a problem with the interface.
Why some Realme users want switch back to ColorOS?
Many Realme users want to switch back their smartphone to previous version of ColorOS after getting Realme UI 1.0 update in their mobile through OTA.
This is because of the following reason:
- Realme UI 1.0 is close to stock Android.
- Some user doesn’t like the stock Android interface.
- Some users like previous notification panel & bar in ColorOS.
- Some might have found few bugs in Realme UI 1.0 and all the functions are not working properly.
- Many Realme built-in apps (bloatware) are added by default in Realme UI 1.0.
- Users are having battery back problem after upgrading to Realme UI 1.0.
- Some users feel the overall performance of mobile decreased after the update.
- Some user finds Realme UI 1.0 hard to use as compare to ColorOS as they are habitual with ColorOS.
- A few Realme users found the camera was the batter in ColorOS update.
Due to above reasons some Realme users wants to roll back their smartphone to ColorOS after upgrading to Realme UI 1.0.
But Realme itself claims that Realme UI is lighter, faster, more customizable and attractive than ColorOS. But this is not over concern in this article. For more info about Realme UI 1.0 you can read over this article.
So now let us know how to downgrade Realme mobile from Realme UI 1.0 to ColorOS 6 or 5.2.
Switch back to ColorOS from Realme UI 1.0
There are two official methods to flash any stock ROM in Realme devices with built-in stock recovery.
Follow the simple steps given below to downgrade any Realme mobile from Realme UI to ColorOS:
Preparation before installing OTA update
- First backup your Realme mobile all data in the memory card or in laptop.
- To back up your data go to Settings>>Additional Settings>>Back Up and Reset>>Backup & Restore. Now select the data to be backed up.
- Check your Realme mobile battery is charged more than 30%.
- Don’t turn on your phone during the update installation process.
Method 1 (Simple mode)
- First Download the complete firmware of ColorOS for your Realme mobile from the download links given below.
- Backup your Realme mobile in the memory card or external HDD/Computer.
- Copy & paste downloaded firmware for your Realme mobile internal storage which you have downloaded from links given above in this post.
- Make sure that your mobile battery is 60% charged.
- Now click on the Firmware (Update zip file).
- Click on Update.
- Your mobile will automatically switch off and go-to stock recovery mode to start the installation process.
- The firmware installation process has started.
- Wait for the installation to finish as it may take up to 10 minutes.
- Your Realme mobile will reboot automatically after the installation has finished. Please refer to this article for more information.
- You have successfully switch back your Realme mobile to ColorOS.
Method 2 (Recovery Mode)
- Transfer the firmware (update zip file) in phone internal storage or memory card.
- Power off your realme mobile.
- Switch on your mobile in recovery mode.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons, until your phone enters Recovery Mode.
- Change the language to English or another language you want.
- Click on Install from Storage Device.
- Select firmware and confirm to update.
- Wait for the firmware to be installed on your device.
Note: Please don’t do anything on your device while the firmware is being installed otherwise your Realme device may be damaged.