How to recover formatted data from pen drive : If you have deleted your important data from you pen drive and now you want to recover formatted data from pen drive then you are at the right place because here i will show you two absolutely free ways to recover formatted data from pen drive.
First way is recover formatted data from pen drive with Recuva software. Here you will be able to download Recuva in your computer with free activation key.
Second i will show you how to recover formatted data from pen drive using cmd. This method is also absolutely free but required to type some cmd in cmd prompt but don’t worry its very much easy and reliable. This method recover corrupted files from a corrupted pen drive.
How to recover formatted data from pen drive with Recuva
- Open Recuva in your Computer.
- Now select which type of files do you want to recover. If you want to recover all of your data then select All files other select accordingly and click on next.
- If you have very sensitive or very important data in your pen drive then check “yes create a disk image first” and click on next otherwise simply click on next.
- Select “In a specific location” and provide your pen drive path by clicking on browse and click on next.
- Now click on scan in next window.
- You all files will be recovered. Here you will find all of your files to recover. You can recover files with green dot before them because they are not overwritten and completely safe to recover.
- File with yellow or red dot before their name are recoverable but its not sure they will work or not completely. Those files may damaged because of overwritten.
- Now select the files you want to recover and click on recover button on bottom right of you computer screen.
- It will ask you for location where you want to save these file so you should always select another drive. I recommend to select anywhere on your desktop or D drive in a new folder for easy recognition.
- Now all of your deleted files have recovered enjoy your recovered data.
How to recover data from formatted pen drive using cmd
Recover deleted file from recycle bin using cmd
Recover files from Raw drive using cmd
- Connect you external drive to your computer.
- Login with administrator account.
- Open the cmd prompt in your computer.
- Type “chkdsk drive letter: /r/f” for example “chkdsk G: /r/f” and hit enter. (Here G is the drive latter in my case, change it according to your drive latter for your external drive/USB/HDD).
- Now type “diskpart” in cmd prompt and press enter.
- Now type “rescan” and press enter and wait for process to complete.
- Now again you can check recovered files by typing “chkdsk G: /r/f” and press enter.
Your lost file will be recovered. Now enjoy your recovered files. In some case cmd prompt doesn’t recover all of your data so you should try Software to recover your file like Recuva or EaseUS etc. Whatever you like to use.
How to recover formatted data from pen drive Conclusion